Great for a party
Classic finger food at its best, these little corn blini look sophisticated but are actually easy to prepare and assemble. Makes 25.
- 1 x 425g can corn kernels, drained
- 100g (2/3 cup) plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 small ripe avocados, halved, stones removed, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- 2-4 drops red Tabasco pepper sauce
- Olive oil spray
- 40g salmon roe
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Reserve 40g (1/4 cup) of the corn. Place the flour, eggs and remaining corn in the bowl of a food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Process, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally, for 3 minutes or until well combined. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the reserved corn.
- Place the avocado, lime juice and Tabasco in the clean bowl of a food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Process for 1 minute or until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container. Cover the surface with plastic wrap and store in the fridge.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil spray to grease. Heat over medium-high heat. Place five 1-tablespoon quantities of the batter into the online casinos pan, allowing room for spreading. Cook for 30 seconds each side or until golden. Transfer to a baking tray lined with paper towel. Repeat, in 5 more batches, with the remaining batter, reheating the pan between batches, to make 25 blini.
- Spoon the avocado mixture among the blini. Top with salmon roe and coriander leaves to serve.