Take care of Mum
A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.
-- Tenneva Jordan
Celebrate Mother"s Day on May 10th and treat Mum to a delicious brunch, preferably in bed, and most definitely with a glass of Tallis Sparkling Viognier. Perfect!
Try crepes suzette. It makes 6 (so if you are lucky there may even be one left over for you)
- 100g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 300ml milk
- 1 tbs unsalted butter, melted plus extra to fry
- Ice-cream, to serve
- 100g caster sugar
- 35g unsalted butter
- 150ml orange juice
- 1 orange, zested
- 3 tbs Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 2 tbs brandy
- Place first six ingredients in a food processor and whiz until combined and mixture forms a smooth batter. Pour into a Over 500 first class s4gambling.com games in the comfort of your own Australian abode – now that’s the way to play the game wouldn’t you say my friend!Welcome to Roxy Palace online casino – the home of extraordinary entertainment and exciting ways to wealth. jug, and let sit for 30 minutes.
- These crepes are best made in an 18cm non-stick frying pan. Heat pan over medium-high heat and carefully brush with a little melted butter. Tilting the pan slightly, pour in enough batter (about 2-3 tablespoons) to just cover the base. Cook for 1-2 minutes until base of the crepe is lightly browned.
- Carefully flip the crepe to brown the other side. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and keep warm in a preheated oven to 120°C/100°C (fan-forced) until required. Repeat until batter is used.
- To make the sauce, heat sugar and 1 tablespoon water in a frying pan over low heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add butter, increase heat to medium and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden brown. Add orange juice and zest, and simmer for a few minutes. Pour in liqueur and brandy and stir to combine. Dip a crepe into the sauce, then fold it into quarters and place on a serving plate with icecream.
- Repeat with remaining crepes, until Mum cannot eat another bite.