Richard Tallis has been at it again turning a paddock into a giant artwork ready for this weekend’s SheppARTon Festival Dream Voices performance.The Dream Voices celebration and community performance starts from 5pm at Tallis Wine March 9th 2014 - ALL WELCOME FREE EVENT.Read More
On Sunday 20 October Yiche Modern & Tallis Wine are bringing modern Asian flavours to our region and if you haven't booked your tickets yet then don't delay.
Our region has been fortunate enough to lure talented young chef Brian Anderson back from Melbourne to his family restaurant in Mooroopna, and now we are bring him to Tallis Cellar Door. Here is your chance to watch and chat to Brian as he prepares some of Yiche’s finest dishes then experience the authentic flavours with a mouth watering tasting plate! We have matched our new release 2013 Dookie Hills Rose to Yiche's tasting plate for the quintessential taste experience. Bring a picnic rug or chair and settle in for an afternoon of food and wine. Take a stroll along our scenic walking track … soak up the views and spend the day with us.
FROM 12pm 195 MAJOR PLAINS ROAD DOOKIE (20 MINS EAST OF SHEPPARTON)
BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL $35 pp includes demonstration and tasting plate – PLEASE CALL 03 5823 5383 or EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
On Australia Day this Saturday fire up the barbie, suit up in your favourite apron and action this Greek inspired barbequed lamb. Pour a glass or two of 2010 Dookie Hills Viognier and turn the Triple J Hottest 100 volume to loud for maximum enjoyment.
Marinade: 4 cloves garlic, peeled 2 large red chillies, deseeded 1/3 cup lemon juice 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper Seasoning: 1 teaspoon paprika 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano 1 teaspoon dried thyme 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
Olive oil 2kg leg of lamb, boned and butterflied
1. Combine garlic, chillies, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper in a food processor and whiz until well combined. Spread mixture over both sides of lamb, place in a shallow dish, cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Remove from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature at least 30 to 45 minutes prior to cooking. Combine paprika, oregano, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Brush seasoning over all sides of the lamb.
3. Brush barbecue grill lightly with olive oil and preheat to medium hot. Place lamb skin side down, for 15 minutes for medium rare, a few minutes more for medium. Turn and cook for a further 15 minutes or until cooked as desired. Remove, cover with foil and rest for 10 minutes.
4. Slice lamb and serve with pita bread, Greek salad and Tzatziki sauce.
The stirrings of new life in the vineyard. After a long cold winter it's uplifting to see teeny buds appearing on our vines. The first sign that the vines are about to begin their lifecycle again. We will be keeping our fingers and toes crossed for perfect growing and harvest conditions for the 2013 vintage and we would appreciate it if you would do the same.
With a newly installed outdoor kitchen BBQ facility and 3 picnic areas the Tallis Wine Cellar Door ticks all the boxes for the ideal place to gather with family and friends or to host your next event. Match your lunch with a selection of Tallis wines and other refreshments from the Cellar Door.
We invite you as a wine lover to book one of the 3 picnic sites available, bring your own barbeque or picnic food and spend the day with us. Our Regional Tasting Platters are available every weekend. After lunch enjoy a stroll up our new scenic walking trail with hilltop 360 degree views of the Dookie region and beyond.
HOW DO THE PICNIC BOOKINGS WORK?
Regular Weekend bookings – Friday / Saturday & Sunday – bookings are essential
- Bookings are essential: To make a booking call Tanya on 03 5823 5383 or email email@example.com.
- The booking fee per site is $50.00 payable at the time of booking. This includes:
- exclusive use of your picnic barrel bench and 4 stools, market umbrella and surrounding grassed area
- shared access to our communal outdoor BBQ
- a complimentary bottle of Tallis Wine (with loan of glassware for the day)
- Three picnic spots are available and located in close proximity to the cellar door. Our communal outdoor kitchen area comprises of one large shared BBQ with grill and hot plate, a large expanse of bench space and a sink with cold water. Booking times will be staggered to enable smooth BBQ operation.
- Each site can accommodate a maximum of 15 people. BYO picnic rugs and extra chairs encouraged.
- If the weather is inclement we will gladly refund your money or change your date. However we do have a policy of No Show No Refund.
- Because of strict liquor licensing laws there is NO BYO ALCOHOL allowed. Also in accordance with good sportsmanship NO BYO soft drinks
- During the summer months we will have two booking times: 11.30 – 4pm or 4.30 – 7.00 pm.
- We anticipate the picnic sites will be left as they were found and all rubbish taken home
Unfortunately we have had to postpone the Tallisman Twilight Drinks Party until a later time. We sincerely apologise to the Members that were able to attend however the date we had chosen clashed for so many of our others.
Don't let the event being postponed prevent you from visiting the Cellar Door this weekend though. We will be open our regular hours with the fire roaring and the produce platters available throughout the weekend. Hope to see you soon.